European Structural Investment Funds
The 2014-2020 European Structural Investment Funds (ESIF) will inject more than £437m in to the North East. To ensure these funds are used to deliver both the European goals of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth and support our Economic Plan, the North East LEP has worked with a wide range of partners to produce an updated European Structural and Investment Funds Strategy and Strategy Summary.
The European Strategy reflects the priorities of the Economic Plan through:
- Supporting our businesses to be stronger and providing better access to finance
- Encouraging innovation and investment in new markets and technologies
- Driving a demand-led skills system, reflecting the needs of employers
- Accelerating low carbon growth and improving the resilience of local businesses
- Targeted support for those facing challenges in accessing training and employment
- Developing local infrastructure assets to support businesses investing in the area
You can find out about current open project calls here.
Details of who to contact for further information can be found here.
Sustainable Urban Development (SUD)
The North East LEP area is one of the areas eligible for Sustainable Urban Development as part of our ESIF strategy. SUD aims to support place-based development which used innovative approaches to improve the sustainability and quality of place. To understand how this fits within the wider ESIF programme and what sort of projects can be supported please see our strategy – Sustainable Urban Development Strategy for the North East. An Executive Summary can be viewed here.
You can find further information on the current call for projects here (bottom of page).