There are currently three European Regional Development Fund Calls open for applications.
Research and Innovation: call in North East (OC25R17P 0632)
This call is looking to promote business investment in research and innovation.
Priority Axis 1 of the operational programme aims to improve how small and medium sized enterprises commercialise research and how they collaborate with research institutions.
Investment Priorities: 1b: Promoting business investment in research and innovation.
- developing links and synergies between enterprises, research and development centres and the Higher Education sector, in particular promoting investment in product and service development, technology transfer, social innovation, eco-innovation, public service applications, demand stimulation, networking, clusters and open innovation through smart specialisation
- supporting technological and applied research, pilot lines, early product validation actions, advance manufacturing capabilities and first production, in particular in key enabling technologies and diffusion of general purpose technologies.
Up to £9,500,000 of funding is available through this call (£5,400,000 in the more developed region and £4,100,000 in the transition). A minimum value of £500,000 of funding can be applied for.
Call closes: 23:59 on 10 November 2017.
It is anticipated that funding from this call will be awarded for up to 3 years.
For more information, download the .
SME Support: call in the North East (OC25R17P 0633)
This call is looking to enhance the competitiveness of small and medium sized enterprises and specifically:
- 3a – Promoting entrepreneurship, in particular by facilitating the economic exploitation of new ideas and fostering the creation of new firms, including through business incubators.
- 3c – Supporting the creation and the extension of advanced capacities for products, services and development.
- 3d – Supporting the capacity of small and medium sized enterprises to grow in regional, national and international markets and to engage in innovation processes.
Project’s put forward under this call must cover the North East Local Enterprise Partnership area.
Up to £13,700,000 of funding is available through this call. A minimum value of £500,000 of funding can be applied for.
Outline application deadline: 23:59 on 10 November 2017.
It is anticipated that funding from this call will be awarded for up to 3 years. For more information, download the call specification.
Sustainable Urban Development (Priority Axis 4 and 5)
Focusing on investment priorities supporting the delivery of the North East Sustainable Urban Development Strategy
- 4a – Promoting the production and distribution of energy derived from renewable resources.
4b – Promoting energy efficiency and renewable energy use in enterprises.
4c – Supporting energy efficiency, smart energy management and renewable energy use in public infrastructure, including in public buildings, and in the housing sector.
4e – Promoting low-carbon strategies for all types of territories, in particular for urban areas, including the promotion of sustainable multimodal urban mobility and mitigation-relevant adaptation measures.
4f – Promoting research and innovation in, and adoption of, low carbon technologies.
5b – Promoting investment to address specific risks, ensuring disaster resilience and developing disaster management systems.
Indicative funding available: Priority Axis 4: £16,000,000
Priority Axis 5: £ 2,600,000
A minimum value of £500,000 of funding can be applied for.
Call closes: 23:59 on Friday 30 March 2018
Two review points: 30 November 2017 and 31 January 2018. For more information, download the call specification.