Our Local Growth Fund capital programme forms a key element of the North East Growth Deal negotiated and agreed with Government in July 2014. It is enabling the North East LEP and its partners to take forward ambitious growth measures to achieve the objectives set out in the Strategic Economic Plan (SEP).
The North East Growth Deal Local Growth Fund allocation of £329.9m over six years is the fourth largest allocation made to a LEP. This total includes funds awarded under the first two rounds of Local Growth Funding and is supporting major capital projects across the North East LEP area through smart, strategic and focused investment of public and private sector funding.
Growth Deal funded projects directly support one or more of the following strands of activity:
· Driving innovation and improving business support
· Working with schools to improve outcomes in education
· Tackling skills and economic inclusion
· Building economic assets and infrastructure
· Enhancing transport and digital connectivity
Projects forming part of the approved Growth Deal are aligned against the priority themes of the SEP and are programmed to be delivered over the period 2015-21.
From time to time Calls for additional capital projects may be issued. Any future calls will be published with guidelines on this page.
Future calls for projects will be published here. If you would like further information in the meantime please contact Ben McLaughlin
Other useful documents
- North East Growth Deal announcement and details of second wave
- The Local Growth Fund is managed by the North East LEP under an Assurance Framework and operates under an EU registered GBER AID scheme
- North East Combined Authority Transport Assurance Framework
- Approved LGF grant awarded projects
- Brand guidelines for the Growth Deal and North East LEP. If you require further information or logos please get in touch with our communications team – [email protected]