The North East Combined Authority is looking to appoint an individual to be the Chair of the Authority’s Overview and Scrutiny Committee.
The functions of the Independent Chair are to:
• Be responsible for the conduct of committee hearings
• Ensure that the Committee fulfils its functions of providing review and scrutiny within the decision making structures of the North East Combined Authority
• To work with scrutiny members and scrutiny officer to develop the work programme and scrutiny agendas
• To liaise with the Combined Authority’s Monitoring Officer in respect of call-in of decisions and generally to ensure timely management of the Scrutiny Committee’s business
• To Lead the Scrutiny Committee in its role of reviewing the performance of Nexus as the Passenger Transport Executive of the Authority
Interested candidates will be expected to have high standards of personal conduct, tact and discretion and ideally will have some knowledge of local government at principal authority and/or parish council level. A small yearly allowance and expenses will be paid. Initial appointments are for a two year period with a possible minimum extension of a further two years.
The law prevents a current member, co-opted member or officer of the Combined Authority or its constituent Authorities (Durham, Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland and Sunderland) or a person who has held such a position within the past five years or a close friend or relative of any such person from applying.
Anyone wanting to apply, or wanting more information about the above role (including the person specification), should contact Vivienne Geary, the Monitoring Officer of the North East Combined Authority direct using the details shown below. Applications must be received by no later than 21 April 2017 with interviews expected to be held in the week commencing 24 April 2017.
Contact Details: North East Combined Authority – Vivienne Geary, Quadrant, The Silverlink North, Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside, NE27 0BY – Telephone 0191 643 5339 or e mail [email protected]
To apply or for further information, click here: here