North East Independent Economic Review
In 2012, we commissioned Lord Andrew Adonis, together with a team of major influential figures, to recommend future pathways for the North East economy, focussing on growth and productivity.
The result was the North East Independent Economic Review, which provided us with a detailed, independent, evidence base of information which went on to inform all aspects of our Economic Plan. In turn, this recognises the existing attributes of the area, highlights the avenues for growth and identifies the methods by which to achieve that growth.
The North East has a strong appetite for change, as well as the skills and the drive to achieve it. All activity must now centre around the creation of a thriving economy driven and supported by an innovative and self-sufficient business community.
The Peer Review Team
In addition to numerous international experts, Lord Adonis was supported by a Peer Review Team to assist in the production of the Economic Review.
The Peer Review Team consists of the following five members:
- Heidi Mottram: Northumbrian Water, Chief Executive and CBI, Regional Chair.
- Bridget Rosewell: Economist and Volterra Partners, Chair.
- Will Hutton: Big Innovation Centre, Chair and Hertford College, Oxford, Principal.
- Jonathan Ruffer: Ruffer LLP, Chair.
- Lord Donald Curry: Better Regulation Executive, Chair and Royal Veterinary College, Chair.